-- --

Monday, November 26, 2007

Shtuff


As it is every year, Union Square is packed with cute little stalls, which look a lot more promising than they are. Every holiday season, this open area is packed with little booths. Every stall seemed to be filled with handpuppets, buddha heads, organic soaps, non-organic soaps, sake cups, spiderman kites, incense, and pom pom hats. There is more useless crap every year. All very nice to look at, of course, but I never get anything there.

I was in the area for DSW, on my shoe quest. I went in, was thoroughly overwhelmed, and had to leave.











Photos by myself, in Union Square.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like the booths are well filled...lots of shopping left to do here...


I don't know if you would be interested but I am tagging you with a meme "first letter of you name"...If you would like to play along just check out my site and get the instructions/rules! It's fun...\

have a great Monday
carrie

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love the puppets! Aurora puts little puppet shows on for Aidan. Most times she is so sweet to him, but then there is the occasional time where she is yelling for me to get him out of her room. LOL!

Kitty said...

thanks Carrie, for the tag! I will have to do this tomorrow or another day, when I have the brain cells. Definitely very soon. :-)

Tammy, I think you'd go nuts at Union Sq. They have booths at Grand Central, too. Tons of them. They are all very charming.

That's cute about your kids. They seem to manage their age difference pretty well!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

They have great jewelry though, I could easily spend a fortune. I am with you on the DSW experience, it's overwhelming. I was looking for shoes in there this weekend and left after 5minutes. I went home and ordered on zappos.com. Much more civilized :-)

Spandrel Studios said...

Wholeheartedly agree, fishwithoutbicycle, Zappos is a far more civilized experience than wading through the contents of my local DSW.