-- --

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Open 24/7, Brooklyn

Deli, Brooklyn
Photo by myself in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

New York has a couple 7-11's, but most of the delis here are on-of-a-kind establishments. They're perfect for picking up a bunch of flowers, a last minute ingredient or a midnight craving.

Beyond, you can see one of the tallest buildings in Brooklyn. The Williamsburgh Bank Tower was recently been converted into condominiums.

--

It's been both a long and short week here in New York.

Time whizzed by and Mark and I are tuckered out. We're happy it's the weekend, so we can chill out with the animals, run some errands and sleep in.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Related posts: Neon Storefronts, Midtown, A Glimmer of Nature and Nearly Perfect.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of a kind? or...

Love this shot. Think it would invite me in.

I think this is my first trip to your blog in a few days. I am still in Brookville, Ohio and it is cold this morning – 13 degree Fahrenheit = -10.5555556 degree Celsius. If I were just walking past you on the street I would probably smile and nod my head. I hope you would too. LOL

ChickenUnderwear said...

I have walked by that deli a gazillion times, you made it peaty.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much they can cram into those little delis, isn't it? Enjoy your weekend!

dianasfaria.com said...

who wouldn't want to peruse the aisles at the "Golden Deli"!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Have a relaxing weekend my friend! :o)

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog that I just stumbled upon. Like the photos. I think its cold in New Orleans and we are at 50 degrees. Catch me when you can.

roentare said...

This is a wonderful image. Every now and then, I discovered something special in your posts.

Anonymous said...

Delis are soooo New York! What a great picture to convey the City atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

The Williamsburgh Bank building is the tallest building in Brooklyn.

tr3nta said...

Strange place... for one moment it cames into my mind Delicatessen (movie)... :-)