-- --

Thursday, January 1, 2009

CPD Theme Day - The Best of 2008

Taking a Break
Photo by myself on the Upper West Side, from earlier this year.

It's CDP Theme Day, once again, and this month's theme is the best photo of 2008.

Photobloggers everywhere were encouraged to either post their best photo from 2008 or reinterpret it. I chose to show an earlier candid that I took in July.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

--

Selecting a 'best' photo for the year was very difficult. Mark prefers this black and white shot of a crowd, where everyone is looking in different directions.

I share Mark's preference for candids - stolen moments on the subway, on the streets. There were also scenic photos of the city and its buildings.

If you have a moment, do check out the other participants in this month's Theme Day, by clicking here.

I do want to take this opportunity to thank all the visitors to this blog. All your feedback has been so encouraging. It's been a precious experience to visit your blogs, located all over the world.

I enjoy sharing this city with you all, and sincerely wish you all a happy and healthy 2009!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he needs a break.

Happy New Year to you and your family from Patty and Abe.

Olivier said...

avec tous tes portraits, le choix devait être difficile, j'aime beaucoup celui ci, bravo.

Ming the Merciless said...

I had trouble choosing the best photo of the year too. So I decided to choose one that is more appropriate for the time. :-)

Have a happy & healthy new year.

Buck said...

I can't imagine trying to choose just one from your list!

Kris McCracken said...

Happy New Year!

Merry New Year?

A worthy winner. It looks like he's had a hard day at work.

Anonymous said...

Kitty - your blog is like taking a mini-vacation each day to a city I love, and your commitment is unparalleled! Have a wonderful 2009!

• Eliane • said...

Wow!! You are definitely the master of b&w and portraiture, Kitty.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

dianasfaria.com said...

Buck is right, you have so many good ones Kitty!
: )

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

I remember this shot--a good choice! Loving food as I do, I'm always intrigued by glimpses into restaurant kitchens and the lives of professional cooks, particularly quiet moments such as this one. Happy new year, Kitty!

Fredrik said...

A wonderful choice!

Andrea said...

Great choice Kitty !
Andrea x