-- --

Thursday, February 5, 2009

On Columbus Circle and Le Cirque

Columbus Circle, NYC
Photo by myself of Merchant's Gate, in Columbus Circle at 59th Street.

It snowed again Tuesday, leaving white stuff in some parts and puddles of slush elsewhere. People walked around carefully avoiding the icy bits, Wednesday morning.

--

For all you food lovers, it's restaurant week in New York.

Actually, restaurant week (which traditionally spans two weeks in the winter and summer) lasts until February 27th, a while from now. This year the occasion has been extended to help stimulate the economy. Top restaurants all over New York offer prix fixe lunches and dinners at affordable prices.

At the famed Le Cirque, you can get a complete meal for $24.07 - as a main course, for instance, you can have divers sea scallops or a steak with French adjectives, like tapenade and confit. It is a gourmand's dream come true.

There are 250 restaurants participating from all around the city. For a complete listing, click here.

Related posts: Art for Public's Sake, At the Brooklyn Museum - The DIzzying World of Murakami and What's on the Walls Underground.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime cette idée de fête des restaurants. Je ne connais pas le restaurant "Le Cirque", mais je note pour mon prochain voyage.

I like this idea festive restaurants. I do not know the restaurant "Le Cirque", but I note for my next trip.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I watch that show! The love the Food Network.

dianasfaria.com said...

I'm so glad you wrote about this. I have a birthday coming up & I am so there for one of those tasty meals!
LOVE this picture btw!

Lady K said...

i love the picture!!
and that's a great for the restaurent thing

Kris McCracken said...

I bet people slip over all the time.

Unknown said...

i'm over winter. bring on spring! i have never gone to restaurant week. i always say i'm going to do it, but never do...

valeria said...

Wonderful view, Kitty... The sun, the snow, the people... WIWT

Unknown said...

Just recently tried to arrange for champagne to be delivered to a table for friends -- several phone calls and faxes resulted in NOTHING being presented to our friends for their anniversary. Extremely disappointed. I can't help but wonder if this would happen if Sirio had taken care of things. They cannot even handle this important detail -- Mario claimed it was a computer problem. Right! He stated the computer wiped out all the information. It's amazing how my information was lost but my friend's reservation was still listed. Sounds to me like Brooke Adams did not follow through or the son Mario. I never would have expected this from Le Cirque.