-- --

Monday, November 16, 2009

Fighting the Crowds, in Midtown

Midtown Crosswalk, NYC
Photo by myself in Midtown, around 34th Street and 6th Avenue.

Above, a rather tame crosswalk in Midtown. Usually, crosswalks are a blur of people traveling in either direction.

--

Ah, I'm back in New York. My flight arrived at 10pm Sunday and I'm back to work tomorrow morning, battling crowds like the one pictured above.

California was as gorgeous as ever. I have to say that my parents' house freaked me out, as usual.

Yes, I've become so accustomed to living with people squashed above, below and to the side of me. Being in a free-standing house (at night, with no noise outside) frightens the dickens out of me.

Mark's fascination with ghost shows on tv might be partly to blame for my paranoia. He is addicted to Ghost Adventures, that show where three guys visit haunted places.

Anyhow, I am just glad to be home, tucked alongside my 8 million New York neighbors.

Related posts: Tough Times, Midtown, Rain, Rain, Go Away and On New York Streets, Then and Now.

3 comments:

Washington said...

Hi Kitty. It is a pretty funny post! I have felt the same when I moved from my old apartment to my house.

Kitty said...

ha, Washington. Good to know I'm not the only one.

The mind is a delicate thing!

Mama Mayborne... said...

hi kitty and glad you're back. am i correct in assuming that you don't go camping much?!