-- --

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hot Diggity Dogs, All Day Long

Gray's Papaya, Upper West Side
Photo by myself on the Upper West Side, around 72nd Street and Broadway.

Gray's Papaya is a popular chain of hot dog eateries in Manhattan. They serve up hot dogs and fresh juices, such as pineapple, pina colada and orange. Their frothy, creamy papaya juice is quite delectable.

Open 24/7, Gray's is super-convenient if, say, you are stumbling home after a long night out and have the munchies. Eating standing up, facing the sidewalk, you cannot help but feel like a true New Yorker.

Gray's has been mentioned on Anthony Bourdain's food show No Reservations. Bourdain is no snob. He gave the place two thumbs up.

--

It is suddenly busy at the office. Everyone is working quickly and staying later, a big change from a few months ago.

However, we're not hiring. I think that's the norm out there - things are looking better than before, however employers aren't hiring people. Yet.

I have friends who have been out of work for 5 or 6 months, and they are frankly going a little nuts. Psychologically, it is tough, dealing with the uncertainty and stress. Fortunately (I suppose, if there is such a thing) those I know who are unemployed are single, meaning they don't have kids.

Anyway, I hope that those who don't have jobs can at least know that things are getting better, albeit slowly. We will weather this storm, yet.

Related posts: The Meal Obama Cart, Midtown, Just Deserts and Food, Glorious Food.

3 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

I think you are so right about that Kitty.
& Hopefully in the end it will all be for the better.

Ken Mac said...

there's another great one on the east side...

Lil Swizzy said...

OMG - I miss Gray's Papaya!!
I love your site, your pictures make me smile. I miss NYC! I'm so thrilled to have stumbled upon your blog.