-- --

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Outside 40 Bond Street, in Noho

40 Bond Street, NYC
Photo by myself outside 40 Bond Street, in NoHo.

A slight man was standing in front of 40 Bond Street, the latest Ian Schrager-developed condominium building. This avant-garde building was designed by noted Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron, and is comprised of 27 luxury loft apartments.

The exterior of 40 Bond Street is made up of steel parts encased in green glass. Each apartment enjoys 11-foot ceiling heights, modern kitchens and a 24-hour on call concierge.

A slight man was standing outside the building while I was there. I wasn't able to get a very good photo of the building, unfortunately. The sculptural element is a screen, made of cast aluminum and inspired by graffiti.

Apparently one-bedrooms went for $3.1 million. Three-bedrooms were sold for $9.94 million. Dollars.

For more information about the building and more comprehensive photos, click here.

--

Mark had suggested I take a photo of the building above. 'Why don't you see that cool new building on Bond? You know, the one Bono was thinking of buying into?'

Half my trouble was figuring out where Bond Street was. I'd walked down it and past it many times but my brain failed to register the location.

It turns out that Bond Street was more centralized than I thought. It's a tiny street 3 blocks in length, between Broadway and Bowery. It's the equivalent of East Second Street.

The Flatiron, in Detail, A Modern Icon, in New Canaan, Connecticut and Living in Style on Riverside Drive.

5 comments:

Hilda said...

Ohmilord, talk about exclusivity! Gulp.

I really like the screen though. Funky.

lewi14@gmail.com said...

Wonderful and funky structure.

dianasfaria.com said...

what a cool shot. I like his red sneakers.

Washington said...

Wow! What a guy! Some kind of a mix of Woody Allen and somebody else!

mina said...

i've only been to ny for a brief stopover - can't wait to go back. excellent photos!