-- --

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sitting in Herald Square

Homeless woman, Herald Square
Photo by myself around 34th Street and Sixth Avenue.

A woman sat outside in Herald Square, Wednesday morning. It wasn't clear to me whether she was completely homeless.

Beside her, a tarp with paint splotches covered her belongings. The tarp reminded me of paintings by Jackson Pollack Pollock (thanks, Robert!).

I really loved the contours of her face. I know, weird. I hope you get my drift.

Related posts: Society's Trash, Man and Companion on the Sidewalk and Worthy Causes.

6 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful portrait!

Olivier said...

d'accord avec Luis, un tres beau portrait

Robert said...

Nice Picture! Small correction: "Jackson Pollock" but anyways really nice picture :) Your blog inspires me sometimes with things... just looking at your pictures. Way to go, keep on making pictures of this beautiful stunning city :)

Ken Mac said...

tattered but proud

dianasfaria.com said...

maybe she is an artist?

Ming the Merciless said...

Whoopi, is tha chu?