-- --

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Week

Gobble
Photo by myself in Battery Park, at the southern tip of Manhattan.

It's Thanksgiving week in the States. A week of travel, gatherings and feasting.

Above, a large wild bird in Battery Park. I'm not sure whether this is a turkey, but he looks very close to one!

Nice to know that there are birds in New York beyond the humble pigeon. Red tailed hawks lurk in Central Park. Parrots flock together in Brooklyn. Years ago, I saw a gorgeous orange rooster in Riverside Park. And now, a large wild bird downtown!

Related posts: The Hua Mei Bird Garden, in Chinatown, The Bird Man of Washington Square Park and Odd and Colorful Birds, Bryant Park.

7 comments:

CadillaC said...

turkey is a very interesting bird :)
I saw him one time in a village :D
I am waiting on more posts :D
Greet from Poland :D

Pierre said...

Oh, Oh. Il semble que la dinde va passer un mauvaix quart d'heure...

Olivier said...

a moins qu'elle recoive la grace de la part d'Obama ;)

RedPat said...

I forgot that it was your Thanksgiving this week. Hope this guy manages to stay safe!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Oh no, I hope he gets a pardon!!

dianasfaria.com said...

He looks like a Turkey to me. I wonder if he's an escapee?
sorry...I couldn't resist.

Catz said...

When I was in Central Park in October I took pictures of beautiful red Cardinals! I had never seen one in the wild before and it was a delight.