-- --

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In Sun and Snow, Washington Square Park

In Sun and Snow
Photo by myself in Washington Square Park, in the village.

Just outside the dog run in Washington Square Park, and older fellow sat in a lawn chair enjoying the sun.

In one hand, he held a transistor radio. The other hand, he held a reflective shield, which is unfortunately hard to see.

Yes, folks, this man was tanning! What else is there to do on the weekend?!

I tried getting a better photo from the front, but there was no chance. He was onto my dastardly tricks.

Related posts: Summering in the City, Out to Lunch and Enjoying the View Across the East River.

6 comments:

Cesc Sales said...

Like summer in the beach...

Anonymous said...

Only in New York :)

RedPat said...

I have only ever seen those tanning things on TV or in the movies. Great capture!

dianasfaria.com said...

Ha! how funny! He is making sure he's getting his vitamin D.
I love how the reflection of the shield is lighting up his whole face.

Vana said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I really enjoyed stopping by yours. I am following your posts:)

Pierre said...

It fascinant how human being can find positive in every situation.

In Paris, sun is shining again