-- --

Thursday, March 24, 2011

At the Foot of the Freedom Tower

Freedom tower, from below
Photo by myself at the foot of the Freedom Tower, along the West Side Highway.

The Freedom Tower (seen above, right) and several of the other buildings at the World Trade Center are well underway. Construction is slow, but every time I manage to pass by, I see progress.

Enormous trusses span vertically for several floors, as you can see. The Freedom Tower is located near some older buildings, and the contrast is obvious.

--

By the way, Mark pointed out to me that I had another inadvertent celebrity sighting in yesterday's photo, at the 59th Street subway station.

N.J. Burkett is a television celebrity here, at ABC news. He is a news correspondent, and the ABC headquarters is located at 66th Street and Broadway.

For my other inadvertent celeb sighting was of Chris Kimball, of America's Test Kitchen, here.

Related posts: On the World Trade Center and My Big Toe, Night View, at the World Trade Center and Salvaged from the World Trade Center.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

ca avance, ca avance, avec un beau reflet tout en haut

Beatrice B. said...

what a beautiful shot... so stunning NYC over and over again.

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

Nori Katayama said...

nice contrust of exterior and its frame! a fine shot, kitty!

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty. I am glad that the construction of the Freedom Tower is going well. I think it will be very meaningful for all americans when it is done.

Leif Hagen said...

Interesting to get an update on the Freedom Tower progress! I haven't been in NYC for a couple of years.
Cool that you snapped a celeb on the subway in yesterday's posting!

Pierre said...

Superb photo. I love construction photo.

ajlounyinjurylaw said...

The end result when the towers are finally finish is going to look fantastic.