-- --

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Outside the Blue Note, in the Village

Outside the Blue Note
Photo by myself on West 3rd Street and Sixth Avenue, in the Village.

A photo from the stash.

The Blue Note is a club for live jazz that has been open since the early 1980's. Nearly all the world's jazz greats have performed there at some time or other. I have never been inside, but the online reviews seem very good.

These folks must have gone to one the Sunday jazz brunch performances, which are held every Sunday at 12:30 and 2:30. You can just make out that the front canopy is in the shape of a grand piano.

To check out the online schedule of events, check out the Blue Note site, here.

Related posts: Bright Lights, at the Beacon Theater, Twinkly Lights, at the Breslin, and The Royalton, Renovated.

3 comments:

Ken Mac said...

Great jazz club, though they pack em in like sardines.... Village Vanguard, Jazz Standard, Jazz Gallery all my first stop. But nice shot! I walk by here every day and I didn't even recognize it at first. .

Cesc Sales said...

Jazz.... Incredible place, but i prefer Small's.

Banjo52 said...

I'm surprised it's been open only since the 80s. I feel as if I've heard of it forever. Nice to have a mental picture.