-- --

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Watery View from Battery Park

Sunset, nyc Photo by myself, in Battery Park.

Battery Park is at the very southern tip of Manhattan.

From there, you have a view of the Statue of Liberty and parts of Brooklyn. The structures in the distance are actually immense cranes that are used to load cargo onto ships.

This is another photo from the stash. In actuality, we were besieged with a rain storm that lasted almost the entire day on Sunday.

--
By the way, thanks to everyone for all your good wishes! The jet lag is less terrible than I thought. Going to work again, is another matter. (Cue funeral music).

Related posts: Lady Liberty, in the Distance, The View of Liberty, and Sunset View from Battery Park.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

Une superbe vue et lumiere, j'adore

Andy said...

Nice sunset scene.

biebkriebels said...

Very beautiful view at the Liberty Statue. BdW you lost half of your blog by the actions of Blogger?
Everybody is complaining about it.

Marcia said...

I remember the first time I saw Lady Liberty from Battery Park, it was amazing. I have an app on my phone to see Liberty Island anytime I want.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty. We had a great time at this park. Great view.

I know how hard is to go back to work after a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot!

Cesc Sales said...

One of the best classics in the city. I like it!