-- --

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Manhattanhenge, 2012

Manhattanhenge 2012 Photo by myself in Midtown.

Tuesday night marked one of the days of 'Manhattanhenge', where the location of the sun at sunset aligns with the street grid of Manhattan.

I happened to be walking out of the office, around 8 pm. When I saw people standing on street corners facing west, I knew. It was that time of year again.

Manhattanhenge takes place twice a year, at the end of May and the beginning of July. The exact alignment only lasts a couple days.

For my photo of Manhattanhenge photo in 2010, taken in the same area, click here.

Related posts: Occupy Town Square, in Tompkins Square Park, Occupy Wall Street, One Day at a Time, and Tibetans of the World Unite.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est magique, j'adore

Nori Katayama said...

Great shot!

s.c said...

Wow thats a beauty Kitty.

biebkriebels said...

This is great, lucky you to be there at the right time.

Ken Mac said...

i am legend!

RedPat said...

I've always remembered your shot from '10!

liisamarja said...

oh oh oh...i so want to see manhattanhenge once with my own eyes...

great shot!