-- --

Monday, April 22, 2013

Outside Cafe Cluny, in the West Village

Outside cafe cluny, west village
Photo by myself on West 4th Street in the West Village.

A quaint view outside Cafe Cluny, in the Village.

All you need are a couple of wooden benches, an old-fashioned bicycle, and a flowering tree and there you have it.

Usually I don't like to include parked cars in my photos...or the ghostly blur of someone walking by. But this image fits my concept of living in the Village. Little streets. Little cafes and restaurants with awnings.

I was walking around there the other day and I've finally mastered the art of 'not getting lost' in that neighborhood. After more than 10 years of living here. There are random diagonal streets and having been brainwashed by the grid, you wind up going in circles.

I've never dined at Cafe Cluny, though I've heard of it. It's gotten good reviews online.

For the Cafe Cluny website, click here.

Related posts: Cozy Interior on Perry Street, in the West Village, Streetside, in the Village, and Outside a Smoke Shop, in the Village.

3 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Cafe Cluny looks very nice!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Kitty, we dined at Cafe Cluny on our most recent visit to New York last May. We had an amazing meal there, and the place is charming. You and Mark should definitely give it a try. A salad we had there inspired this recipe on Blue Kitchen.

Unknown said...

I want to choose a best new york wedding location, please tell me that which will be best for me.