-- --

Monday, March 24, 2014

Humor, with a Money Back Guarantee

Dollar a Joke, nyc
Photo by myself in Washington Square Park, around West 4th Street.

Here's another photo I took on the way out of the park the other day. A young man offered to tell original jokes, for a dollar apiece.

Money is refunded if you don't laugh. But if you're broke, the joke is on the house.

I was on my way to an appointment, so I couldn't stop to chat with this fellow. Next time!

Related posts: Open Everything That's Closed, on Bowery Street, Thinking Outside the Box, in Union Square, and Death Before Decaf, in Brooklyn.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est original et tres sympa comme initiative

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Next time Kitty, we want to know if you laugh!
I've just enjoyed going through your latest posts - some lovely snow photos there, but I do hope its starting to warm up a little for you, its been a long cold winter over there.

Andy said...

The sign was enough to make me laugh. I hope you got the young man's name. I think one day he will be a famous businessman.

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha, clever guy, I hope he gets to tell many jokes.

biebkriebels said...

Original idea, not so many people in for a joke.

Joshua Tritt said...

It is original in NYC maybe but not for San Francisco. That is pretty common out West. Maybe I will stop by Washington Square this week and buy a joke for old times sake.